Coming Events

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The infamous failed condom henna applicator.


For the last 5-ish years I have been a frequent poster on the Henapage.com forum. I try to help out as much as I can.
Last December a frantic post was left by an artist who lost her beloved applicator bottles. For those new to henna, most professional artists opt for hand rolled plastic or mylar cones...

Some artists swear by Jac bottles.... Jac Bottles are plastic bottles with metal tips.

She could not use a cone to save her life, and needed a replacement for her bottles asap.

In an effort to help, I started to brainstorm. What could she make an applicator out of on the fly? What is something people have on hand, is expendable, would hold henna, could have a metal tip affixed to it and not leak... then it hit me, Condoms.

I pull out a Trojan, wash off the lubey, put a jac bottle tip on it.... fill it with henna..... squeeze... and NOTHING comes out. I open another condom and try again...I try reinforcing it with duct tape... Duct tape fixes everything right? Wrong... still doesn't work. The sides stretch too much to push out any henna.


In my attempt to "help" I didn't realize I had used 3 rubbers until they laid discarded on the coffee table as if they had been left there after some spiked-masochistic-dirty-bum-lovin. THEN I thought.... " oh hell dyp; how am I gonna explain THIS to the boyfriend creature?"

(Luckily; he knows me enough to just laugh and shake his head. )


I never did find a suitable replacement for applicator bottles.

The origional forum post can be seen here in it's full glory...

http://www.hennapage.com/henna/forum/index.php?module=phpwsbb&PHPWSBB_MAN_OP=view&PHPWS_MAN_ITEMS[]=11632


Hey; at least I tried :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter