Coming Events

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Welcome

Welcome to my blog....


About me:I can officially say I am a mehndiwali (Henna artist) from near Kansas City Mo with 4 years expiriance. Body art and Henna are some of my many loves in life.
I get a lot of questions about the name "dyp" so please let me take this time to explain. "dyp" has double meaning. In English it looks like it would be pronounced "dip" which at times I can be. In Norwegian it means "deep" which also describes me well. I swing from both extremes.

I like to craft and in the process I get myself into interesting situations. In daily life I get myself into trouble; add glue, sequin, paint, fabric, quietly sleeping animals and you can only imagine the perdicaments I find myself in. It all starts noble enough, it "sounded" like a good idea at the time....

Like any good story, mine is enhanced by a cast of characters:

First is my son, Mickey-P - My wonderful 8 year old who is like Albert Einstein, Brillent without a lick of common sense. I know you are thinking, "how mean." But it is the truth. The rest of the boys in school are playing football, my son is pondering why birds poop on cars. Sure; laugh, but have you ever thought about WHY birds poop on cars? There HAS to be a reason, Mickey-P is dead set to find it through scientific evaluation. ( Mickey-P)

Second is my soon-to-be husband, Pantar - Great guy: affectionate, goofy, doesn't question when he comes home and I am trying to assemble a wallet from Condom Boxes. ( I will post pictures of that later.)

( Pantar and Mickey-P)

We also have 2 dogs Roscoe and Cow Pattie ( C.P. for short) and 2 recently adopted ferrets, Crom and Pixie. ( Yes as if it wasn't bad enough I try to make things out of everything.... I also drag home random needy creatures. The less likely they are to survive the more I am inclined to drag them home to nurse them back to health... Damn my bleeding heart.) ( Cow Pattie sitting on top of Roscoe, C.P. is slightly affected by "small dog syndrome")


( Our fearie babies- Crom, the white one and Pixie)

Poor Pantar, he NEVER knows what he is comming home to. In the last 3 months he has come home to a pet frog, 2 rabbits, a praying mantiis, and 2 ferrets and countless stray feeder crickets that excaped the jaws of the frog and mantiis. Might touch on that later....

Anyhow... Enjoy... More to come.....
~dyp~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter